Public Records at CCS



Public Records Request form
Public Records Act
Public Records Office
CCS Procedures & Fees
In 1972, Washington state enacted the public records law to assure citizens of our state transparency and access to government.  Community Colleges of Spokane's Public Records Officer oversees CCS's compliance with this very important law.


How do I make a public records request? 

E-mail, write or fax using a CCS Public Records Request form asking for the records you would like to receive.  All requests must be in writing. If you are unable to write, contact us by telephone or in person and we will assist you.  Your request must include the following information:

  1. Contact information - your name, mailing address and telephone number.  You can also include your e-mail address, fax and/or cell phone number.
  2. A description of the specific records being requested.  Your request must be specific enough for CCS to be able to identify the records being requested.
  3. Let us know if you would like copies of the records or if you would like to come to our office to review them.
  4. The fee for the request must be received before the records can be viewed or released.

What happens when I make a request?