How does Running Start work?

Students can take Running Start classes beginning their junior year in high school. Classes are limited to "college-level courses" -- that is, classes numbered 100 and higher. One five-credit college class is equivalent to one high school credit.

Credits earned at SCC and SFCC are transferable to all Washington state public colleges and universities. Private and out-of-state school also may accept Running Start transfer credits. That being said, each receiving institution has its own requirements so it's important to understand the specific transfer policies of the school(s) your student is interested in attending.