Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) -- or WOO-ee as we like to call it!

The Western Undergraduate Exchange helps undergraduate students from 15 participating western states and territories attend Spokane Community College and Spokane Falls Community College with lower tuition.
2016-17 tuition and fees
Resident tuition at 15 credits $1,284
Nonresident tuition at 15 credits $1,584
International tuituion at 15 credits $3,087

Are you eligible for WUE?

There are two requirements:
  • You must submit an admissions application to CCS.
  • You must be a resident of a WUE state.
If you meet these requirements, you're elgible for WUE!

What are the WUE states and territories?

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. 

How do I apply?

There is no separate WUE application. All you have to do is submit a completed admissions application to CCS. Be sure to apply early!

When will I receive my WUE award?

Only admitted students receive WUE announcement letters. This means your application must be completed before we can send you the letter, usually in early to mid-February.

What happens after I receive a WUE award?

First, you'll receive notice that you are a WUE student at SCC or SFCC. Be sure to sign and return the survey attached to the letter stating you accept WUE status and agree to the conditions outlined in the letter. Contact us if you have questions about WUE requirements.

How long does WUE last?

When you receive a WUE award, it lasts until you graduate. You need to stay in good academic standing (ie, getting good grades) and make satisfactory progress toward your degree (ie, taking the classes you need to graduate).
Who should I contact with questions?
Admissions Office
Spokane Falls Community College

MS 3011
3410 W. Fort George Wright Drive
Spokane, WA 99224
509-533-3500 | 800-509-7944
Email: SFCCinfo@spokanefalls.edu
Admissions Office
Spokane Community College

MS 2151
1810 N. Greene St.
Spokane, WA 99217
509-533-8020 | 800-248-5644, ext. 8020
Email: Admissions@scc.spokane.edu

And now the small print. . .
WUE students must maintain legal residence in a WUE state other than Washington. and cannot use the time of their enrollment at CCS toward fulfillling Washington in-state residency for tuition purposes. All CCS academic programs are open to WUE students on a space-available basis. And requirements for the WUE program are subject to change without notice.