|Phlebotomists collect human blood samples for the purpose of medical laboratory testing.
Developed in cooperation with Sacred Heart Medical Center and Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories, Community Colleges of Spokane's phlebotomy technician program is offered twice a year. This intensive 10-week program provides students with the fundamental skills for entry-level work in the phlebotomy profession. Expert classroom instruction combined with clinical internships prepare students to:
Students who successfully complete this program will be prepared to sit for the ASCP Board of Registry Phlebotomy exam.
- Select and prepare skin puncture sites
- Use a variety of blood drawing techniques
- Prepare and maintain laborary supplies and equipment
- Provide professional, safe, quality patient care.
All applicants must call (509) 533-8483 to be placed on an interest list.
The phlebotomist's unique role
|FALL 2014 CLASS
Sept. 8-Nov. 14, 2014
Mandatory orientation *
5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014
2917 W. Fort George Wright Dr.
* Attendance does not guarantee placement in the program. Students are selected through a screening process that includes orientation, written application and questionnaire and selected interviews.
Week 1-4: 3-6:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday
Week 5-10: 3-6:30 p.m. Monday-Tuesday, plus clinical site work (varying day shifts)