|Phlebotomists collect human blood samples for the purpose of medical laboratory testing.
Community Colleges of Spokane's phlebotomy technician program is offered twice a year. This intensive 10-week program provides students with the fundamental skills for entry-level work in the phlebotomy profession. Expert classroom instruction combined with clinical internships prepare students to:
Students who successfully complete this program will be prepared to sit for the ASCP Board of Registry Phlebotomy exam.
- Select and prepare skin puncture sites
- Use a variety of blood drawing techniques
- Prepare and maintain laboratory supplies and equipment
- Provide professional, safe, quality patient care.
All applicants must call (509) 533-8057 to be placed on an interest list.
|Fall 2015 Class
September 14 - November 20, 2015
July 20, 2015 5:30-7:30pm
SCC- Building 6,
Lair Building, Sasquatch Room
1810 N. Mission Street., Spokane
* Attendance does not guarantee placement in the program. Students are selected through a screening process that includes orientation, written application and questionnaire and selected interviews.
Week 1-4: 3-6:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday
Week 5-10: 3-6:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, plus clinical site work (varying day shifts)