|Phlebotomists collect human blood samples for the purpose of medical laboratory testing.
Community Colleges of Spokane's phlebotomy technician program is offered twice a year. This intensive 10-week program provides students with the fundamental skills for entry-level work in the phlebotomy profession. Expert classroom instruction combined with clinical internships prepare students to:
Students who successfully complete this program will be prepared to sit for the ASCP Board of Registry Phlebotomy exam.
- Select and prepare skin puncture sites
- Use a variety of blood drawing techniques
- Prepare and maintain laboratory supplies and equipment
- Provide professional, safe, quality patient care.
All applicants must call (509) 533-8057 to be placed on an interest list.
New! Blood Center Foundation Launches Two Scholarships
"Scholarships for community college students studying phlebotomy at the Community Colleges of Spokane, North Idaho College and Lewis & Clark State College will be offered beginning in the fall. Each institution will receive $3,000 per year for scholarship awards to offset registration and program fees."
For more information, contact Sandy Saperstein:
|Winter 2015 Class
January 4-March 12, 2016
November 9, 2015 5:30-7:30pm
SCC- Building 6, Lair Building, Sasquatch Room 1810 N. Mission Street., Spokane
* Attendance does not guarantee placement in the program. Students are selected through a screening process that includes orientation, written application and questionnaire and selected interviews.
Week 1-4: 3-6:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday
Week 5-10: 3-6:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, plus clinical site work (varying day shifts)